2 years ago
Business DescriptionMeaning of the name Munnar is "A Place of Three Rivers". 'Mun'= Three and 'Aru'= Rivers. Hence the name Munnar. This is a stunningly beautiful hill station located on the South Western Ghats Mountain Ranges in the Indian State of Kerala. The place is somewhat 6,000 ft above the sea level and so the temperature of the place roughly ranges between 0-25 Degree Celsius.
The hills and valleys in and around the city of Munnar are covered in the verdure of tea plantations. The scenic beauty of the place is too mesmerizing which makes us forget our worries of the daily life. This is one of the main reason for the tourists attracted in Munnar tour packages. The gurgling streams and huge waterfalls make us feel as if we are in some sort of dreamland.
A true nature lover’s mind will pause at the sight of varied varieties of flora and fauna. Even the endangered species of both flora and fauna can be found in Munnar. The thick and dense forests and the Wild Life Sanctuaries is another attraction for the tourists.
Apart from the natural beauty of Munnar, the place is well known for the exotic Indian spices like Pepper, cardamom, Cloves, Ginger, Garlic, Cinnamon, etc.. The breeze in Munnar carry the aroma of these spices in it.
PLACES TO VISIT IN MUNNAR
1. Eravikulam National Park is the most sought-after tourist destination in Munnar. The endangered Nilgiri Tahr is protected here is one of its kind. The park holds the largest viable population of several other species of rare birds, butterflies, and animals.
2. Another destination in Munnar is Anamudi Peak. It's the highest peak in South India and scales up to the height of 8,842 ft. The sky up here feels like its caressing the mountains and the tourists are delighted to feel so close to heaven.
3. Devikulam Hill Station is an attractive picnic spot. The lush green surrounding makes it a perfect spot for those who appreciate the greenery of the mist-covered hills. Also, the nearby Sita Devi Lake with its immaculate waters is yet another perfect picnic spot for those who are seeking a calm n peaceful vacation.
4. The lofty waterfalls in Munnar include Lakkam Waterfalls, Kuthumkal Waterfalls, Cheeyappara Waterfalls, Valara Waterfalls and Thoovanam Waterfalls. These splendid waterfalls are a visual treat and impress us greatly.
5. Neelakurinji, it happens once in 12 years that the Neelakurinji flowers paint the hills of Munnar in the shade of Blue.